MAKHANI ARBI MASALA RECIPE
Arbi (medium size) - 250 gms
Besan (gram flour) - 2 tblsp
Oil (tel) (tel) - 3 tblsp
Ajwain - 1/2 tsp
Onion (pyaj) (chopped)- one
Green chilli (slit) (deseeded and chopped)- one
Red chilli (lal mirch) powder - 1/2 tblsp
Chopped coriander - 1 tblsp
Salt (namak) - 1/2 tsp or to taste
Lemon juice - 1/2 tblsp
Garam masala - 1/4 tsp
Makhani Gray :
Tomatoes (tamatar) (chopped roughly) - 250 gms
Ginger (adrak) paste - 1/2 tsp
Garlic (lasan) paste - 1/2 tsp
Green chilli - one
Red chilli (lal mirch) powder - 1/2 tsp
Laung (cloves)- 2
Choti elaichi (green cardamom)- one
Salt to taste
Butter - 2 tblsp
Honey- 1 tsp
Kasoori methi - 1 tblsp
How to make makhani arvi masala :
- Pressure cook the whole arbi with three cups of water to give one whistle.
- Keep on low flame for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from fire. Cool and drain.
- To prepare makhani gray, put tomatoes in a bandi, add one cup of water, ginger and garlic paste, green chilli, red chilli powder, laung and chot elaichi.
- Boil. Cover and cook on low heat till it is reduced to a saucy consistency.
- Remove from fire.
- Blend in a mixer.
- Strain into a clean pan.
Add butter. Stir in honey.
- Add salt to taste.
- Keep on fire.
- Boil. Simmer on low flame for 1-2 minutes.
- Add kasoori methi and remove from fire.
- Keep the makhani gravy aside.
- Peel and flatten each piece or arbi.
- Sprinkle some salt and red chilli powder on it.
- Sprinkle dry besan.
- Overturn the pieces and sprinkle salt, red chilli and besan on the other side too.
- mix, so as to coat lightly.
- Heat oil on a large tawa, add half the arbi and sauté over medium heat till golden.
- Shift the fried arbi from the center to the sides (periphery) of the tawa.
- Add the rest of the arbi, fry and shift to the sides.
- In the same oil, add ajwain, when it turns golden, add chopped onions, grated ginger and green chilli and sauté for three minutes.
- Add 1/2 tsp salt.
- Return the arbi to the center, add red chillies and half of the coriander.
- Fry for a minute.
- Add the prepared makhani gray and fry until the arbi is coated with the gravy.
- Adjust seasoning.
- Sprinkle lemon juice, garam masala and the remaining coriander.
- Stir and serve immediately.
Vendakkai puli kulambu - Ladies Finger Tamarind Gravy, Kathirikai bonda puli kootu, Vatha Kuzhambu, Kongunadu mushroom masala kuzhambu, Sprouted Green Gram Sambar Dish, Sambar, Tamarind Rice, Lemon RIce, PRAWN CURRY WITH COCONUT RECIPE, Kadai Prawn (Jhinga) Recipe, Indian Tandoori Fish, Bharwan Machli Recipe (Stuffed Fish), Kerala Fish Curry, Fish Tikka Recipe, Macher Jhol (FISH IN BENGALI SAUCE), Amritsari Fish Recipe, Strawberry Cake Recipe, Chocolate Swiss Roll, Peach Cake Recipe, Fudge Cake Recipe, Chocolate Cherry Cake Recipe, Rainbow Cake Recipe, Banana Chocolate Cake, Coconut Cup Cakes, Almond Cake Recipe, Coconut Cake Recipe, Apple Cake Recipe, Carrot Jam Recipe, Pear Jam Recipe, Apricot Jam Recipe, Apple Jam, Shami Kebab Recipe, Murg Noorjehani Recipe, SHAHJEHANI MURG MASALA RECIPE, Murg Kebab Mughlai Recipe, Shahi Rogan Josh, Mughlai Chicken Pulao, Shahi Kaju Aalo Recipe, Eggless Cake Recipe, Mughlai Meat Durbari Recipe, SHAHI CHICKEN KORMA RECIPE, Keema Mater Recipe, Mughlai Seekh Kabab Recipe, Biryani Badshahi Recipe, Stuffed Eggs, Poached Eggs, Egg Pakora Recipe, Mushroom Omelet, Egg Curry Recipe, Indian Egg Biryani Recipe, FLUFFY OMELETTE RECIPE, Cheese Omelet, EGG TOAST RECIPE, Chicken Stir Fry, Chicken Korma Recipe, Chicken Kali Mirch, INDIAN CHICKEN DILRUBA RECIPE, Indian Chicken Curry Recipe, CHICKEN CHETTINAD RECIPE, Chicken in coconut milk, Chicken Bon Bon, Chicken Biryani, Pineapple Chicken, Curried Chicken with Rice receipe, Makhani Arbi Masala, Malai Kofta, Stuffed Bhindi, Bhindi Bhaji, Pindi Chana , Navratna Korma Recipe, Chicken Afgani Recipe, Indian Butter Chicken Recipe,